[YamahaDX] TX-81Z Low outputs \ Anti-Aliasing mod?
rue_the_whirl@yahoo.com [YamahaDX]
2018-09-16 12:04:22 UTC

The outputs on my TX-81Z are pretty low in volume and require the gain to be almost at max on both of my consoles.

My electronics theory isn't really all that but is there a way to change the gain of the output stage by changing a resistor?

Also I'd like a little more dirt on the output so it sounds more like my DX-100, can I change the cutoff of the output anti aliasing filter?
I think the LPF is set by the 0.001 and 0.015pf caps on the output. I tried shorting these with a screwdriver but the output just gets lower.

On the Yamaha FB-01 it's output configuration is a little different but Yamaha originally fitted the wrong capacitors to the ones on the schematics relating to a muffled output;

http://llamamusic.com/images/FB-01_Schematic_Segment.jpg

http://llamamusic.com/images/FB-01_Schematic_Segment.jpg http://llamamusic.com/images/FB-01_Schematic_Segment.jpg

View on llamamusic.com http://llamamusic.com/images/FB-01_Schematic_Segment.jpg
Preview by Yahoo